On what parameters you should choose a Business VPN?
So how to choose the best VPN for business? Let’s see.
- Logging: Some businesses may require VPN logging so that it can be audited later, while others want to avoid logging because it might be too easy for some governments to intrude on your operations.
- Central Management: This feature includes key management; sometimes, you may want the VPN service providers to manage your encryption keys. Otherwise, if you wish, you could maintain your encryption keys.
- Activity Management: Do you want to control your employee’s activities so that they can’t use your VPN to visit social media or other websites? Activity management can be used to monitor your employee’s web activities and send an alert if your employees try to reach some sketchy sites containing malware.
- Support: Customer support is an essential factor when choosing a product or a service. You don’t want to wait until tomorrow to get a response to your query. If you don’t want any weekend support, then maybe you shouldn’t pay for it.
- High Speed: This ensures that you get to enjoy high-quality video conferences and fast downloads.
- Device Compatibility: A wide range of device compatibility ensures that you can access all websites from different devices, from your desktop computers to iPhones.
- User Experience: You should always go for a VPN that is relatively easy to set up and use. An excellent User Interface with simple controls is the best way to go.
- Pricing: Some services provide you with excellent features at an affordable cost. Do remember that security features come at a price. If it’s free, then you are the product.
- Editors Rating: Lastly, see our rating before choosing the VPN for your protection. We have tested over 100s of VPNs in the market, and assigned a score based on the above criteria.
So next, we will see the best VPN for business in 2020.
#1. Perimeter 81
A VPN provider who is quickly building a name for itself.
Perimeter 81 has over 1000 paying customers with a 400% increase in new customer base this year. They provide a platform for securing access to all the critical areas of a business, including your local networks, cloud configuration, and applications.
Perimeter 81 provides you three different plans to choose from:
- Essentials: This plan includes all the basic features that you need to secure and manage your network. It will cost you $8 per user per month when billed annually and an additional $40 per month per gateway.
- Premium: This plan includes a management network, security features for a more significant business. It will cost you $12 per user per month when billed annually and an additional $40 per month per gateway.
- Enterprise: It features enterprise-ready security features to customize and manage your networks. They will quote your price when contacted.
- Cloud Management Platform: This feature will help you to create your organization’s network. Included on-premise and on the cloud.
- Dedicated Global Gateways: Perimeter 81 provides you private cloud gateways dedicated solely to your company and its needs.
- Policy-Based Segmentation: You could easily manage application access by creating customized policies with a more granular authentication approach.
- Activity Audits and Reports: These audits and reports will help you monitor logins, gateway deployments, and app connections.
- Automatic Wi-Fi Security: Their patented feature will help you automatically protect your employees’ devices when they connect to unsecured public Wi-Fi.
- Always On VPN: This feature provides you secure access when connecting to a non-trusted network, which protects you from security threats.
- Split Tunneling: It enables you to decide which subnet your traffic will go through if it’s Perimeter 81 or elsewhere.
- Custom DNS: To use their internal DNS servers, once defining a tunnel, you can also specify a custom DNS server instead of using the default DNS.
- Customer Support: They provide you with a 24/7 in-app chat support along with email support. Their phone support and success engineer support is only available in the Enterprise plan.
Perimeter 81 Pros and Cons
Perimeter 81 comes with robust central management and auditing features. It allows users to be grouped easily on multiple factors like browser use and teams. Their secure access to all your cloud and network resources is worth your money. Perimeter 81is the best VPN service provider in 2020.
#2. NordVPN Teams
A robust VPN designed to keep all your business data confidential.
By combining powerful encryption with seamless access, NordVPN Teams is a powerful business VPN that enables easy and secure access to your corporate data wherever you might be.
NordVPN Team comes in three different packages:
- Basic Plan: Their basic plan will cost you $7 per user per month ($84 when billed annually). This plan comes with necessary features like Cloud business VPN, Control Panel, Kill Switch, Centralized billing, two-factor authentication, and more.
- Advanced Plan: Their advanced plan will cost you $9 per user per month ($108 when billed annually). This plan will include all the basic plan features plus some additional features like purchase dedicated servers, choose from 20+ dedicated server locations, dedicated account manager, and priority support 24/7.
- Enterprise Plan: Reach out to NordVPN for a quota to build your fully customized network security system with some advanced security features.
- Control Panel: You can manage user accounts, control permissions, create gateways, all from one centralized Control Panel.
- Centralized Billing: With this feature, you could handle all NordVPN team’s expenses with ease, and you won’t receive multiple invoices for different users.
- Dedicated Account Managers: These managers will help you to make the best of your NordVPN Teams service.
- Number of Servers: They provide a variety of VPN servers located in 31 countries around the world.
- Remote Access: It doesn’t matter whether you are working from home, a shared workspace, or a conference; you can conveniently access your company’s resources.
- Military Grade Encryption: Protect data on your devices with AES 256-bit encryption, which top security experts use worldwide.
- Scalable Platform: You could scale your service as your organization grows. Add user licenses, dedicated servers, and company gateways as you go.
NordVPN Team Pros and Cons
NordVPN Teams provides an easy-to-use service with some quality apps, which makes all your employees’ internet activities secure. Even though some key options are listed as coming soon, they don’t have the features that their competition provides. NordVPN Teams is the best VPN service provider in 2020.
Not a business VPN, but still manages to be one of the best in the market because of its robust security features.
It is one of the most trusted VPNs that are currently available in the market. They provide you with features that most business VPN doesn’t offer like 160 different server locations and a constantly tested security system.
ExpressVPN comes in three different plans:
- 1 Month Plan: Their one-month plan will cost you $12.95 per month.
- 6 Months Plan: This plan will cost you $9.99 per month and $59.95 when charged for six months.
- 15 Months Plan: Their fifteen-month plan (most popular) comes with a special deal that includes three free months. This plan will cost you $6.67 per month and $99.95 when billed for the first 15 months.
- 160 Server Locations: You could choose any of their 160 VPN servers in 94 countries worldwide.
- Public Wi-Fi safety: Protect yourself against unsecured Wi-Fi networks, man-in-the-middle attacks, and more.
- ExpressVPN Trust Center: They make their system hard to breach, and ensure that attackers can’t stay long in their regularly tested defence system.
- TrustedServer Technology: Their approach to running VPN servers ensures that no data is ever written to a hard drive, keeping you secure.
- 24 x 7 Support: You could contact them 27/7 via live chat and email to help you with anything that you need.
- Military Grade Encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256 encryption, the standard trusted by security experts worldwide.
- Network Lock Kill Switch: Network Lock keeps your data safe if your VPN connection drops, blocking all internet traffic until protection is restored.
ExpressVPN Pros and Cons
ExpressVPN is one of the most reputable names in the VPN industry. They regularly update their security measures so that your data will remain confidential. ExpressVPN is the best VPN service provider in 2020.
An affordable business VPN that keeps your data secure no matter what.
PureVPN for Business comes next in this list of best VPN for business in 2020. Apple, Sony, SpaceX, and Samsung are the companies that PureVPN serves successfully. They have more than 2000 servers across 180 different locations throughout the world.
PureVPN for business provides three different plans to choose from:
- VPN for Teams: This plan will cost you $8.45 per user per month ($42.25 per month for 5 VPN Accounts).
- Dedicated IP VPN for Teams: This plan will cost you $9.99 per user per month ($49.95 per month for 5 VPN accounts).
- Dedicated VPN Server for Teams: This plan starts from $399 per month, including a secure and private VPN server dedicated to you only.
- Access Non-Public Server: You could whitelist your IP address to access files and servers for specific users in your company or home.
- Access VoIP Servers: You can connect to PureVPN and access VoIP services such as VoIP Connect, Skype, and WhatsApp.
- Massive Number of Servers: They provide you with more than 2000 servers in 140+ countries.
- Internet Kill Switch: This feature shuts down all your internet activities as soon as your VPN connection is dropped.
- Auto Connect: It connects the VPN automatically to ensure online security all the time
- Secure Wi-Fi: This feature connects the VPN automatically when the phone tries to connect to an unknown Wi-Fi.
PureVPN Business Pros and Cons
The number of features that PureVPN Business offers compared to the subscription package they provide; it can be an excellent choice for your business.
A user-friendly business VPN with one of a kind protocol that ensures no malware or hackers get into your system.
Windscribe VPN comes next in the list of best VPN for business in 2020. Their pro version gives you access to unlimited data and servers in more than 110 cities across 63 countries.
Windscribe provides you with three different pricing plans:
- Monthly Plan: This plan will cost you $9 per month.
- Yearly Plan: This plan will cost you $4.08 per month (billed $49 annually).
- Build a Plan: Here, you can build your custom plan according to your needs.
- Scribe Force: It’s a word given for Windscribe Team Account. It allows you to manage VPN accounts for your business, all in one place.
- R.O.B.E.R.T: It’s one of a kind customizable server-side domain and IP blocking tool which blocks ads and trackers, prevents infections, provides custom access rules, and allows you to browse faster.
- Extensive Network: Windscribe delivers one of the most diverse networks out there. They provide you with servers in 110 cities across 63 countries.
- No Identifying Logs: They do not store any logs that can be used to identify you.
- Strongest Encryption: Windscribe uses AES-256 cipher with SHA512 auth and a 4096-bit RSA key. They also support perfect forward secrecy.
- Config generators: They allow you to generate configuration files and profiles for OpenVPN, IKEv2, WireGuard, and SOCKS configs.
Windscribe Pros and Cons
Windscribe is an excellent VPN service to get started with. You could try their free plan to test whether the service suits your needs or not. Upgrading to a paid account in Windscribe is super easy as well.
An excellent example of a premium third-party VPN client for Windows users.
With more than 1.5 million users, TheGreenBow VPN Client is the most robust VPN client software available for various platforms.
- VPN Client: This plan will cost you 58 €HT ($254.10) per each license.
- VPN Premium: This plan will cost you 10 €HT/month ($43.81 per month)
- VPN Certified: This plan will cost you 15 €HT/month ($65.65 per month)
- Support IPsec and SSL: Deploy configuration of multiple VPN tunnels with a mix of IPsec and SSL.
- Support IKEv1 and IKEv2: Create an IPsec VPN tunnel using either IKEv1 or IKEv2.
- Support IPv4 and IPv6: Deploy VPN in the heterogeneous network in IPv4 and IPv6 simultaneously.
- Remote Desktop Sharing: This feature will help you share your machine on the corporate network from a remote location.
- USB Mode: TheGreenBow VPN Client brings you the capability to secure VPN configuration and VPN security elements onto a USB Drive and out of the computer.
TheGreenBow IPsec Pros and Cons
TheGreenBow IPsec VPN Client is made for Windows users. It is an excellent example of a premium third-party VPN client. If you want more features and a great User Experience, it’s better to choose other service providers.
#7. IPVanish VPN
A VPN that challenges all other business VPN’s with its outstanding features.
IPVanish provides an unlimited number of simultaneous connections, ensuring that all your employee’s devices are protected without any extra cost. Their 256-bit encryption on the OpenVPN protocol and SHA512 authentication ensures that your business data remain confidential.
IPVanish offers three different plans:
- 1 Month Plan: Their one-month plan will cost you $10 per month.
- 3 Months Plan: Their three-month plan will cost you $8.99 per month (billed $26.99 every three months).
- 1 Year Plan: Their one-year plan will cost you $6.49 per month (billed $77.99 annually).
- VoIP with IPVanish: With IPVanish, you can use your VPN location to change your country of origin to reduce your bill for international calls.
- High-Level Encryption: 256-bit AES encryption keeps your private data secure.
- Unmetered Connections: You can run IPVanish VPN on all your devices at the same time.
- 250GB Encrypted Storage: You can encrypt everything from your internet to your files when you add SugarSync storage to your plan.
- Zero Traffic Logs: They don’t track and store your browsing behaviour.
- Massive Number of Servers: They provide 1500+ servers in 75+ locations
- Unlimited Bandwidth: You could enjoy your streaming experience without any halt.
- 30-day money-back guarantee: If their service doesn’t satisfy you, you could cancel their service and get a refund.
IPVanish Pros and Cons
IPVanish provides sturdy and configurable applications across all major platforms. They are a perfect choice for your business if you are looking for a stable and secure VPN service.
An affordable business VPN with an outdated interface.
With TorGuard Business VPN, you can rely on military-grade 256-AES encryption. They use the most reliable security protocols like OpenVPN and SSL/SSH tunnels that ensure no data leaves your company.
TorGuard Business VPN comes in 4 different plans:
- Starter Pack: Their starter pack includes 10 user packages, 10 email accounts, and 3 dedicated IP’s. This pack will cost you around $69 per month.
- Small Pack: This pack includes 15 users packaged, 15 email accounts, and 5 dedicated IP’s. It will cost you $110 per month.
- Medium Pack: It contains 20 user packages, 20 email accounts, and 10 dedicated IP’s. This pack will cost you $169 per month.
- Enterprise Pack: This is a custom package that you build according to your needs. You will have to contact them for a quote.
- Industry Level Encryption: Their multiple Ciphers AES128/AES256 and Open VPN/PPTP/L2TP/IPsec/SSTP/iKEV2 provide you all the security that you need.
- Massive Servers: They have 3000+ servers, which is spread over 50+ countries.
- Stealth VPN: Stealth VPN unblock restrictions and gain permanent access to apps like VOIP, Dropbox, Google Apps, and other services.
- Management: They provide you with a dedicated VPN management portal along with a 24/7 dedicated account manager.
- Dedicated Support Staff: With every TorGuard business VPN account, you will get an account manager that answers any questions and assists you with troubleshooting.
- Device Compatibility: It supports all OS and devices.
TorGuard Business Pros and Cons
If you are okay with their outdated User Interface, TorGuard Business VPN is one of the best VPN for small business in 2020.
A VPN that gives protection 24 x 7 with a user-friendly interface.
VyprVPN comes last in the list of best VPN for business. It is an easy to use cloud VPN that offers total control of your network. Using VyprVPN for business, you could access essential online business tools from any locations around the world.
They provide you two different plans to choose from:
- VyprVPN for Business: Their business plan starts at $299 per year.
- VyprVPN for Business Cloud: Their cloud plan starts at $349 per year.
- Management: Their easy-to-use admin interface allows you to add or remove users and control access with admin or user privileges.
- Dedicated Account Manager: They provide you with a dedicated account manager to help you achieve your business needs with ease.
- Compatibility: VyprVPN offers easy to use apps for every platform and device.
- No 3rd Party Servers: Unlike other companies, they manage 100 percent of their servers and hardware, to ensure that you will get the highest levels of security.
- NAT Firewall: It is an additional layer of protection for your VPN connection. The Firewall blocks unrequested inbound traffic when you are connected to the VPN.
- Chameleon Protocol: Chameleon is a great VPN protocol for bypassing restrictive networks in any country.
VyprVPN for Business Pros and Cons
With VyprVPN, you could enjoy all the security features along with your own dedicated server and IP. Their deployment is fast and comfortable so that you be up and running in a matter of minutes.
|Product||Perimeter 81||NordVPN Teams||ExpressVPN||PureVPN for Business||Windscribe Business||TheGreenBow IPsec VPN||IPVanish||TorGuard Business VPN||VyprVPN Business VPN|
|No Logging Policy||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|24/7 Support||Slow customer support in basic plans||Yes||No Phone Support||Yes||No 24/7 customer support||No||No live chat option||Yes||Yes|
|High Speed||Yes||Yes||Yes||Medium||Slower Speed Outside US||Yes||Yes||Yes||Medium|
|Device Compatibility||Supports all major platforms||Supports all major platforms||Supports all major platforms||Supports all major platforms||Supports all major platforms||No macOS and iPhone support||Supports all major platforms||Supports all major platforms||Supports all major platforms|
|User Experience||Easy installation and setup||Easy to use, but OpenVPN configuration isn’t user friendly||Easy installation and setup||Easy installation and setup||Easy installation and setup||Bad User Interface||Easy installation and setup||Requires some technical knowledge and outdated User Interface||Easy installation and setup|
How Do We Review VPNs?
With hundreds of VPNs in the market, we have tested over 100s of them and compiled the very best VPN in this article about the best VPN service for 2020.
Here are the main factors we have used to determine the best VPN service for 2020.
Two essential aspects of a great VPN are privacy and security. A VPN with a verified no logs policy ensures that your identity is secure. A no-logs policy ensures that none of your information is tracked, stored, or shared. It protects you from anyone snooping around your data, making it the top criteria on which a VPN is ranked.
Another factor that we valued to find the best VPN service providers in 2020 is speed. The fastest VPN services have the smallest impact on the quality of your connection. A fast VPN can also help you overcome ISP throttling; hence, you may end up with faster speeds than you already have.
You can ensure that you have a great VPN if it works in a country that actively tries to block it. The top VPNs mentioned in this list have proved themselves in strict censorship countries like China, Iran, and the UAE.
VPNs are a popular choice for accessing a wide range of content on platforms like Netflix, Prime, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and more. These platforms usually limit their service based on your region, but using the right VPN allows you to access restricted content.
VPNs can be an essential asset for every torrenting fan, especially in countries where they are restricted. By masking your IP address and hiding your traffic behind encryption, you will avoid all the threats that come with downloading torrents. We have inspected features like P2P profiles, SOCKS5 proxies, and easy setup.
Facts and Myths about VPNs
Free VPNs are as good as Paid Ones.
As you already know, there are two categories of VPN services, free VPN, and paid VPN. Often people choose the free one since they get the service for free. If you aren’t a regular user of a VPN, you can select the free one.
But the paid VPN services offer you several benefits like bigger data allowances and quicker speeds. If your main goal is to protect your data and identity, you must choose the paid ones. Many free VPN services track your usage and sell your data to make some profits.
I don’t need a VPN because I don’t do anything illegal.
This myth has been around since the inception of VPNs. Some people do use VPNs for illegal activities like downloading copyrighted materials or involving in some shady business.
Most people who use VPNs want to protect their identity from anyone who is snooping around. You might have already read that agencies collect your data to do advertisements, political campaigns, and more. So if you want to go anonymous while using the internet, you have to use a VPN.
VPN slows the connection
A VPN works by encrypting the data from your device, which is done by encapsulating your data in an encrypted packet. This packet gets transferred through a VPN tunnel to the server, where the data is decrypted.
This process does take some time and has the potential to slow down your internet connection. Since a VPN offers both a free and paid tier, the paying customers will prioritize the server. With this high priority, your internet connection will become faster.
A VPN protects me from everything online.
Everything has its limitations. Yes, a VPN is a powerful tool that can ensure your internet security and privacy, but it cannot always protect you. A VPN cannot protect you if you give your information to scammers yourself, or a VPN isn’t a substitute for anti-virus software.
All VPN services are the same.
Most people assume that every VPN in the market provides the same service at different costs. However, there are various features that you must be aware of when choosing a VPN. These features include:
- Speed: Better service provides more servers so that they can handle a higher amount of traffic.
- Price: There are services that prices up to 60% discounts on long term plans
- Device Compatibility: If a VPN service doesn’t support your device, you shouldn’t go for that service:
- Servers: A robust VPN will have more servers in more countries, helping minimize latency issues with online games.
FAQs about VPNs
Q: Is it illegal to have a VPN?
A: Using a VPN in the US is currently legal. However, if you use a VPN service to indulge in any illegal activity in the country, then it is still unlawful when using a VPN. This includes downloading and selling copyrighted materials, hacking into computer networking without authorization, and many more.
Q: Can you be tracked if you use a VPN?
A: A VPN works by encrypting the traffic from your device, and most of the paid VPNs have a no-log policy. A no-logs policy ensures that the service provider doesn’t track, collect, or share your information. If you are using a free VPN, there are chances that your information is being sold to third party companies to make more money.
Q: Which are the best VPN for small business in 2020
A: We have listed 9 of the best available VPN services for the business above in this article under the B2B category. You can refer to that section for more information.
Q: Should I pay for a VPN?
A: If your primary concern is security and privacy, you should consider paying for a VPN. A paid VPNs tend to be faster and block annoying advertisements. Moreover, there won’t be any bandwidth limit so that you could enjoy streaming your favourite shows without any halt.
Q: Can you watch Netflix with a VPN?
A: You could use any of the VPNs that are mentioned above to stream restricted content. It will allow you to overcome their restrictions and watch your favourite shows from around the world.
Best VPN Service in 2020
Best Personal VPN Service Deals in 2020
Best VPN for Small Business
Best VPN for Business Deals for you in 2020
VPN allows you to keep your data and information safe in a time where a data breach occurs daily. They are essential for internet security, besides protecting your privacy, A VPN can help you bypass censorship and geo-blocks.
So what are you waiting for? Go and protect yourself with high quality and an affordable VPN now!