So you might be thinking why you should need a VPN for your Xbox, right?
Most newcomers to the gaming culture may think that using a VPN for online gaming is an unnecessary choice. But seasons gamers will tell you a different story. With a VPN for your Xbox, you can unblock a whole new world of gaming.
A VPN for your Xbox is not a luxury but a necessary means of protection, and it can help you with issues such as latency, geo-blocked game, and cyber-attacks from other gamers. So in this article, we will discuss the best Xbox VPNs in 2020.
Short Summary of recommended items
In A Rush to Game Safely? Pick From The Best Xbox VPNs Here!
Why you need a VPN for Xbox One
As you might already know, any online activity has some hidden risks associated with it, and online gaming is no exception. Here are some of the reasons why you should use a VPN on your Xbox.
Protection Against Swatting
A mentally unstable opponent could do anything to win a game. There are incidents where the opponent used the IP address to find the gamer’s physical location and made an anonymous call to the police department, saying that they heard shooting at their house or something along those lines.
Swatting causes some severe damage and may end up in a physical confrontation with the police department. So at all prices, you must protect your identity while playing online games with some serious competition among them.
Protection Against DDoS Attack
To coordinate more efficiently with your team, you might use the voice chat feature. Usually, the voice chat systems aren’t that secure. Your foe could discover your IP address and may launch a DDoS attack on your internet connection to get you locked out of the games in crucial moments.
These kinds of attacks can cost you a match, so you always need to protect your real IP address from these cheats. One of the best and efficient ways to mask your actual IP address is to use a VPN.
You can mask your IP address with the help of a VPN and can dodge any DDoS attack with ease. In some cases, these cheaters go the extra mile to launch DDoS attacks against the game servers. When these kinds of incidents happen, the game companies block the range of IP addresses they believe that are involved in these attacks.
Unfortunately, some innocent gamers may become collateral damage to these incidents. With the help of a VPN, you can quickly move out of the banned IP addresses and enjoy your gaming activity again.
Access Geo-Blocked Games
Sometimes many companies choose to release their games in countries like the US, UK, or Japan. It might take the same games some weeks or months to reach your local market, so by using a VPN; you could get instant access to these geo-restricted games in no time.
Similarly, Xbox Live content and some game servers are geo-blocked too. You could bypass these restrictions and play new games ahead of your friends.
Unblock Streaming Services
You could use your Xbox to stream content from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other popular streaming services. Any VPNs mentioned below in this article will allow you to access popular shows that tend to be available in a few selected locations only.
How to choose the best Xbox VPN
So how to choose the best Xbox VPN in 2020? Let’s see.
Choosing the best Xbox VPN for gaming means you have to look at different features that each VPN service provides to you. So here are the essential features that you should look at before buying a VPN for your Xbox.
- Download Speeds: Speed is everything when it comes to online games. Since a VPN service can slow down things due to encryption overhead, you have to choose the fastest provider available in the market.
- Encryption: A high-level encryption keeps your data secure. Most VPNs offer a 256-bit AES encryption, the best protocol that is available now.
- Servers and Their Locations: Servers worldwide will help you access content from anywhere you want. This will help you access materials that are geo-blocked in your region.
- User Experience: How well does the VPN function with your console to make a massive difference in your gaming experience. Does it require a lengthy installing process, or is it easy to use, or will it slow down your connection?
- Unlimited Bandwidth: Limited bandwidth can end your gaming and streaming experience in an instant. So you have to choose a VPN service that provides unlimited bandwidth to you.
- No-Logging Policy: This guarantees that VPN won’t store your data so that you can stay anonymous while playing online.
- Access Geo-Blocked MMO and MMORPG Games: Some of the best VPNs will allow you to access geo-restricted games and Xbox Live content. With an excellent VPN, you can easily bypass this restriction and access new games ahead of your local market.
- Support: You don’t want to wait for a day to get the answers to your queries, right? help
- Device Compatibility: A wide range of device compatibility ensures that you can access all websites from different devices, from your Xbox to iPhones.
- Censorship: An excellent VPN would even let you bypass government firewalls, like the Great Firewall of China, so that you won’t have to deal with government censorship.
- Pricing: Some services provide you with excellent features at an affordable cost. Do remember that security features come at a price. If it’s free, then you are the product.
- Editors Rating: Lastly, see our rating before choosing the VPN for your gaming. We have tested over 100s of VPNs in the market, and assigned a score based on the above criteria.
So after researching and comparing all the above features, we have listed the best Xbox VPN for gaming in 2020.
Best Xbox VPN in 2020
The fastest VPN that is used by gamer all around the world.
ExpressVPN lives up to its reputation and comes first in the list of best Xbox VPN. They regularly top all the speed tests done by experts worldwide. When it comes to ping, their service will make you feel like you aren’t using a VPN service at all.
ExpressVPN provides three different plans to you:
- 1 Month Plan: Their one-month plan will cost you $12.95 per month.
- 6 Months Plan: This plan will cost you $9.99 per month and $59.95 when charged for 6 months.
- 15 Months Plan: Their fifteen-month plan comes with a special deal that includes 3 free months. This is their most popular plan and will cost you $6.67 per month and $99.95 when billed for the first 15 months.
All the above plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 160 Server Locations: They provide you with some fantastic choice of servers from 94 countries worldwide, hence making it one of the best VPN for Xbox One.
- High Speed: ExpressVPN is fast, and thus it is well suited for gaming.
- Broad Device Compatibility: ExpressVPN provides award-winning software for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, routers, game consoles, and Smart TVs.
- 24 x 7 Support: You could contact them 27/7 via live chat and email to help you with anything that you need.
- Military Grade Encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256 encryption, so you don’t have to worry about any DDoS attacks while gaming.
- No activity Logs: ExpressVPN does not log your traffic data, DNS queries, or anything that could be used to identify you.
- Network Lock Kill Switch: Network Lock keeps your data safe. If your VPN connection drops, it will block all the internet traffic until protection is restored.
ExpressVPN Pros and Cons
ExpressVPN isn’t the cheapest option but provides an impressive server fleet and excellent features that make it the best VPN for gaming. But when compared to its competitions, it allows fewer simultaneous connections, and it’s more expensive.
An affordable VPN that will reduce your ping rate drastically.
Surfshark comes next in the list of best Xbox VPN. It is a reliable choice for gaming, streaming, and browsing. Their high-speed servers with unlimited bandwidth minimize lag and buffering rate.
Surfshark VPN comes in three different pricing plans:
- 1 Month Plan: Their one-month plan will cost you $11.95 per month.
- 12 Month Plan: Their twelve-month plan will cost you $5.99 per month (billed $71.88 annually).
- 24 Month Plan: Their twenty-four-month plan will cost you $1.99 per month (billed $47.76 every 24 months).
- Unlimited Devices: You can connect and use all your devices simultaneously. You can protect as many devices as you would like at once.
- Camouflage Mode: This mode makes sure that even your internet provider can’t tell that you are using a VPN.
- No Border Mode: Their No Border will automatically detect heavily-censored regions like China and present you with an exclusive list of servers that you can connect to.
- High-Level Encryption: They guard your data by using industry-leading AES 256-GCM encryption.
- Strict No-Logs Policy: They don’t monitor, track, or store what you do online.
- Kill Switch: In case your VPN connection drops, your activities and data are never exposed.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee: Surfshark provides you with a 30-day money-back guarantee for all their pricing plans.
Surfshark Pros and Cons
Surfshark is a security-conscious VPN service that is more than enough for your lag-free gaming experience. They also allow you to unblock many geo-restricted services with ease making it one of the best VPN for Xbox One.
A reliable VPN that protects your from swatting and DDoS attacks.
VyprVPN provides you with several features that gamers would appreciate, like a NAT firewall that allows blocking of unrequested inbound traffic. Their Chameleon protocol aims to bypass VPN blocking and bandwidth throttling, which makes it one of the best VPN for gaming.
VyprVPN provides you three different pricing plans:
- 1-Month Plan: This plan will cost you $12.95 per month.
- 12-Month Plan: Their twelve-month plan will cost you $3.75 per month, billed $45 annually.
- 24-Month Plan: This plan will cost you $2.50 per month and is billed $60 every 24 months. As per VyprVPN, their 24-month plan includes the most significant savings and is fully refundable for 30days.
- Chameleon: They have engineered a technology that fights back against censorship and keeps your internet free and open. Chameleon is a great VPN protocol for bypassing restrictive networks in any country.
- High Speed: VyprVPN has upgraded their servers to give you a fast and reliable VPN for gaming and hence making it one of the best VPN for Xbox One.
- World-Wide Access: They have around 700+ servers across 65 countries.
- 5 Simultaneous Connections: They allow you to connect five devices at the same time.
- 24/7 Customer Support: You could contact them 24/7 to help you with anything that you need.
- Kill Switch: It provides the most robust protection by blocking all internet and network traffic when VyprVPN disconnects or is disabled.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee: If you are not satisfied with their service, they provide you with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
VyprVPN Pros and Cons
VyprVPN isn’t the fastest VPN out there, but their speeds are quick enough for making it one of the best VPN for gaming. Their service is secure and reliable and works really well in China. VyprVPN is the best Xbox VPN.
Their large sever networks allow you to access all the games that aren’t available in your region.
Hotspot Shield is one of the best VPN for Xbox One that is available in the market. It provides one of the fastest internet connections in the industry. You will hardly feel any slowdown even on long-distance servers.
Hotspot Shield comes in two different plans:
- Basic Plan: It’s a free to use package that allows you up to 2Mbps speed limit, Limited SD streaming, 500 MB daily data limit, and connection to 1 virtual location (US).
- Premium Plan: This plan will cost you $7.99 per month when billed annually.
- Patented Hydra Protocol: Experts have verified that their Hydra VPN protocol as the “fastest” secure VPN that is available in the market.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: Their premium version gives you unlimited bandwidth, so your gaming experience won’t stop halfway.
- Global Internet Access: They offer an impressive 3200 servers in 80+ countries, including 35+ cities worldwide.
- Military Grade Encryption: They provide privacy and security that blocks 57 million malware and phishing sites a day.
- 24/7 Live Tech Support: Their team of experts will help you solve your issues in no time.
- 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee: If Hotspot Shield doesn’t suit you, you can get your money back.
- No-Log Policy: They don’t record your VPN browsing activity in any way associated with you.
Hotspot Shield Pros and Cons
If you want a quick, cheap and easy to use VPN to protect yourself from swatting attacks, then Hotspot Shield is the best solution. Their router compatible service allows you to connect up to 5 devices at a time. Hotspot Shield is the best Xbox VPN.
A VPN that allows you to bypass any geo-restriction and connect to any gaming server of your choice.
TorGuard offers a massive collection of servers for you to choose from, and still, it is one of the largest networks of servers in the market, making it one of the best VPN for gaming in 2020.
TorGuard provides you 4 different plans to choose from the Anonymous VPN package:
- Monthly Plan: TorGuard’s monthly plan will cost you $9.99 per month.
- Quarterly Plan: This plan will cost you $19.99 every three months.
- Semi-Annually Plan: Their six-month plan will cost you $29.99, which is billed every six months.
- Annual Plan: This plan will cost you $59.99, which is charged every 12 months.
TorGuard provides a 7-day money-back guarantee on all the plans that are listed above.
- Stealth VPN: It makes your VPN impossible to block, and allowing you to directly bypass deep packet inspection and the world’s strictest firewalls.
- Unblock Games: Game servers track your real location and assign content based on your IP address. With TorGuard, you can connect to any location in the world and experience content without any restriction.
- Massive Collection of Servers: TorGuard provides you 3000+ servers in 50+ countries worldwide.
- 8 Simultaneous Connections: You can connect up to 8 different devices at a time.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Their help desk is made of qualified and dedicated individuals to solve all your queries.
VyprVPN Pros and Cons
TorGuard provides an affordable way to protect your connection. If you are okay with their outdated User Interface, it is one of the best VPN for gaming in 2020. TorGuard is the best Xbox VPN.
|Servers and Their Locations||160 locations in 94 countries||1700+ servers in 63+ countries||700+ servers in 65 countries||3200+ servers in 80+ countries||3000+ servers in 50 countries|
|User Experience||Easy installation and setup||Easy installation and setup||Easy installation and setup||Easy installation and setup||Requires some technical knowledge and outdated User Interface|
|Unlimited Bandwidth||Yes||Yes||Yes||For premium users only||Yes|
|Device Compatibility||Supports all platforms including Wi-Fi routers||Supports all platforms including Wi-Fi routers||Supports all platforms including Wi-Fi routers||Supports all platforms including Wi-Fi routers||Supports all platforms including Wi-Fi routers|
|Censorship||Works in China and UAE||Works in China and UAE||Works in China and UAE||Works in China and UAE||Works in China and UAE|
|Customer Support||No Phone Support||Quick Customer Support||24/7 Customer Support||Ticketed customer support||24/7 Customer Support|
FAQs About VPNs On Xbox
Q: Can you put a VPN on an Xbox One?
A: No, you cannot install a VPN on your Xbox One console. Instead, you can set it up on your Wi-Fi router. Another option is to create a virtual router using your laptop.
Q: Can you play games using a VPN?
A: Yes, using a VPN with a faster server connection can improve lag and reduce ping. You can overcome geo-block and play games that are not available when travelling.
Q: Can VPN reduce speed?
A: A VPN speed depends on the speed of your internet connection. A VPN cannot be faster than the speed of your internet connection. You should expect a small loss in speed when connecting to any VPN service, due to encryption.
Q: Can a VPN reduce ping?
A: Yes, a VPN can decrease the ping you have in your online games. Usually, VPN packages tend to take a more direct route than your regular ISP packet. An excellent VPN service should allow the packet to flow more freely from your computer to the game server.
Q: What Ping is good for gaming?
A: Ping amounts of 100ms and below is average for most connections. In gaming, any number below a ping of 20ms is considered exceptional and ‘low ping’.
Best Xbox VPN Deals for you in 2020
Many free VPNs are available in the market, and most of them don’t provide you with the protection you need during online gaming. Moreover, free VPNs don’t offer performance, speed, or unlimited bandwidth, which are essential.
If you want to unleash your Xbox’s true potential without compromising your privacy and security, you have to go for a premium VPN for your Xbox.
We have put a lot of research into compiling this list of the best Xbox VPN in 2020. We recommend that you should go for ExpressVPN or Surfshark, even though every VPN that is mentioned in the out list provides a money-back guarantee and works well in high censorship countries like China and UAE.
If you have any queries, please do ask me in the comment section below.