Using a business VPN is the best way to protect your business by securing your company’s network and internet connection.
More than 3.5 billion personal data were stolen in the top two of the most significant breaches of this century alone.
That’s a lot of data, and the most uncomfortable part is that around 75 percent of the business around the world is not prepared for a data breach. So you need to be proactive about cybersecurity and put some security measures in place before it’s too late.
A VPN is one of the essential cybersecurity tools to keep your business protected from any data breaches. It becomes more critical for a company to use a VPN since there is always sensitive data involved.
So in this article, we are going to discuss the best VPN for business in 2020, which will take your cybersecurity measures to the next level.
Short Summary of recommended items
In A Rush to Protect Your Data? Pick From The Best VPN for Business in 2020 Here!
Why You Need A VPN
Here are some of the reasons why you need a VPN right now.
Around 40 percent of cyberattacks target small businesses, according to some reports. So cybersecurity must be your utmost concern when you are going to add your business online. Using a remote VPN adds an extra layer of protection by encrypting all your data. However, if someone intercepts this data, it will be in an unreadable format, until it arrives at its final destination.
Protect Public Internet Access
All the public networks from your local library to Starbucks is a playground for cybercriminals. When using these free WiFi, no one bats an eye towards privacy. Your confidential data could be compromised if one of your employees access your business data through these networks. All the best remote VPNs currently available in the market protect your connection by creating an encrypted connection to the internet.
You may face some geo-restrictions and content blocks when you are on a business trip. These restrictions may block you from accessing your bank accounts, company servers, and applications. Using a remote VPN allows your employees to bypass these restrictions with ease by connecting to their servers around the world.
All the best business VPN services provide central management that allows you to control your employees’ connections and settings at once, rather than change them on individual devices.
Yes, you heard that right. A VPN is an affordable way to protect all your business data with ease. Most VPN services provide affordable packages for small businesses, so you don’t always have to hire a cybersecurity expert for your needs.
How to Choose the Best secure remote access VPN
Let’s see the different parameters that you should look at before choosing the best secure remote access VPN:
- Logging: Sometimes, you may require VPN logging so that it can be audited later, while other businesses may want to avoid logging because it makes it easy for governments to intrude on your operations.
- Customer Support: It is the most crucial factor while choosing a product or a service. You don’t want to opt for a service that takes two days to reply to your message. If you don’t want any weekend support, then maybe you shouldn’t pay for it.
- High-Speed Connection: This ensures that you get to enjoy high-quality video conferences and fast downloads.
- Device Compatibility: A wide range of device compatibility ensures that you can access all websites from different devices, from your desktop computers to iPhones.
- User Experience: You should always go for a VPN that is relatively easy to use and setup. A simple user interface with software for each platform makes your job much more comfortable.
- Activity Management: Activity management can be used to monitor your employee’s web activities and send an alert if your employees try to reach some sketchy sites containing malware. This is the best way to ensure that your employee doesn’t visit any social media platforms while working.
- Pricing: Most VPN service provides you with Business Packages at an affordable rate. But do remember that security features come at a cost. If it’s free, then they are selling your data to make profits.
- Editors Rating: Lastly, see our rating before choosing the VPN for your protection. We have tested over 100s of VPNs in the market, and assigned a score based on the above criteria.
So let’s see which are the best secure remote access VPN in 2020.
Best secure remote access VPN in 2020
#1 Perimeter 81
The perfect way to protect your confidential data.
Perimeter 81 comes first in the list of best secure remote access VPN. With their enterprise VPN, you can protect your cloud environments, staging servers, and your business databases with ease.
Perimeter 81 provides you three different business packages to choose from:
- Essentials: This plan includes all the necessary features that you need to secure and manage your network. It will cost you $8 per user per month when billed annually and an additional $40 per month per gateway.
- Premium: This plan includes a management network, security features for a more significant business. It will cost you $12 per user per month when billed annually and an additional $40 per month per gateway.
- Enterprise: It features enterprise-ready security features to customize and manage your networks. They will quote your price when contacted.
- Private Servers and Static IPs: You can deploy high-speed private servers that are solely dedicated to your company’s needs and secure your team’s resource access with dedicated IPs.
- Cloud Management Platform: This feature will help you to create your organization’s network. Included on-premise and on the cloud.
- Manage Team Access: Add team members to your network, create multiple user groups, and manage team permissions in a unified management portal.
- Policy-Based Segmentation: You could easily manage application access by creating customized policies with a more granular authentication approach.
- Monitor Network Activity: Audit resource access, monitor your bandwidth consumption and detect any network anomalies.
- Automatic Wi-Fi Security: Their patented feature will help you automatically protect your employees’ devices when they connect to unsecured public Wi-Fi.
- Easy Installation: You can easily install Perimeter 81 VPN remote access on Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android, and Chrome.
- Customer Support: They provide you with a 24/7 in-app chat support along with email support. Their phone support and success engineer support is only available in the Enterprise plan.
Perimeter 81 Pros and Cons
Perimeter 81 comes with robust central management and auditing features. Their secure access to all your cloud and network resources is worth your money. It is one of the best VPN for business service that is available in the market.
Protects your privacy without compromising performance.
NordVPN Teams comes next in the list of best VPN for business. Their extensive network of servers ensures smooth performance no matter where you and your coworkers are. Moreover, you can manage your user accounts, control permissions, and create gateways from one centralized control panel.
NordVPN Team comes in three different packages:
- Basic Plan: Their basic plan will cost you $7 per user per month ($84 when billed annually).
- Advanced Plan: Their advanced plan will cost you $9 per user per month ($108 when billed annually).
- Enterprise VPN Plan: Reach out to NordVPN for a quota to build your fully customized network security system with some advanced security features.
- Military Grade Encryption: Protect data on your devices with AES 256-bit encryption, which top security experts use worldwide.
- Control Panel: You can manage user accounts, control permissions, create gateways, all from one centralized Control Panel.
- Centralized Billing: With this feature, you could handle all NordVPN team’s expenses with ease, and you won’t receive multiple invoices for different users.
- Dedicated Account Managers: These managers will help you to make the best of your NordVPN Teams service.
- License Transferability: You don’t need to worry about losing a used license in case of personnel changes; you can simply transfer to an old account to a new employee.
- Activity Log: See if your coworkers are online and which gateways they are using at all times.
- Kill Switch: If your connection drops even for a second, the kill switch will cut off all the internet traffic.
NordVPN Teams Pros and Cons
NordVPN Teams is one of the best VPN for business that solves all your needs. With clients like Facebook, Dribbble, Nvidia, and SoundCloud, NordVPN Team, is an all-in-one solution for all your security needs. With their dedicated support team, you will have seamless integration with your existing business.
A non-business VPN that challenges all the other business VPN’s
It is one of the most trusted VPN remote access that is currently available in the market. They provide you with features that most of the best remote VPN services don’t offer, like 160 different server locations and a constantly tested security system.
ExpressVPN comes in three different plans:
- 1 Month Plan: Their one-month plan will cost you $12.95 per month.
- 6 Months Plan: This plan will cost you $9.99 per month and $59.95 when charged for six months.
- 15 Months Plan: Their fifteen-month plan (most popular) comes with a special deal that includes three free months. This plan will cost you $6.67 per month and $99.95 when billed for the first 15 months.
- 160 Server Locations: You could choose any of their 160 VPN servers in 94 countries worldwide.
- Public Wi-Fi safety: Protect yourself against unsecured Wi-Fi networks, man-in-the-middle attacks, and more.
- ExpressVPN Trust Center: They make their system hard to breach, and ensure that attackers can’t stay long in their regularly tested defense system.
- TrustedServer Technology: Their approach to running VPN servers ensures that no data is ever written to a hard drive, keeping you secure.
- 24 x 7 Support: You could contact them 27/7 via live chat and email to help you with anything that you need.
- Military Grade Encryption: Your data is protected by AES-256 encryption, the standard trusted by security experts worldwide.
- Network Lock Kill Switch: Network Lock keeps your data safe if your VPN connection drops, blocking all internet traffic until protection is restored.
ExpressVPN Pros and Cons
ExpressVPN is one of the most reputable names in the VPN remote access industry. They regularly update their security measures so that your data will remain confidential. ExpressVPN is the best business VPN.
An affordable way to protect your business with ease.
TorGuard Business VPN comes next in the list of best secure remote access VPN in 2020. Their VPN remote access uses the most reliable security protocols like OpenVPN and SSL/SSH tunnels to ensure no data leaves your company.
TorGuard Business VPN comes in 4 different plans:
- Starter Pack: Their starter pack includes ten user packages, ten email accounts, and three dedicated IP’s. This pack will cost you around $69 per month.
- Small Pack: This pack includes 15 users packaged, 15 email accounts, and five dedicated IP’s. It will cost you $110 per month.
- Medium Pack: It contains 20 user packages, 20 email accounts, and ten dedicated IP’s. This pack will cost you $169 per month.
- Enterprise VPN Pack: This is a custom package that you build according to your needs. You will have to contact them for a quote.
- Stealth VPN: Stealth VPN unblock restrictions and gain permanent access to apps like VOIP, Dropbox, Google Apps, and other services.
- Unlimited Speed and Bandwidth: With this feature, you could browse and download as much as you want, without your ISP capping certain kinds of traffic.
- Industry Level Encryption: Their multiple Ciphers AES128/AES256 and Open VPN/PPTP/L2TP/IPsec/SSTP/iKEV2 provide you all the security that you need.
- Management: They provide you with a dedicated VPN management portal along with a 24/7 dedicated account manager.
- Dedicated Support Staff: With every TorGuard business VPN account, you will get an account manager that answers any questions and assists you with troubleshooting.
- Massive Servers: They have 3000+ servers, which is spread over 50+ countries.
- Device Compatibility: It supports all OS and devices.
TorGuard Business Pros and Cons
Their VPN remote access is perfect for protecting your business data on any device or operating systems at an affordable rate. TorGuard is the best VPN for small business.
A user-friendly service that for someone new to Business VPN.
VyprVPN comes last in the list of best secure remote access VPN for business. It is an easy to use cloud VPN that offers total control of your network. Using VyprVPN for business, you could access essential online business tools from any locations around the world.
They provide you two different plans to choose from:
- VyprVPN for Business: Their business plan starts at $299 per year.
- VyprVPN for Business Cloud: Their enterprise VPN plan starts at $349 per year.
- Management: Their easy-to-use admin interface allows you to add or remove users and control access with admin or user privileges.
- Dedicated Account Manager: They provide you with a dedicated account manager to help you achieve your business needs with ease.
- Compatibility: VyprVPN offers easy to use apps for every platform and device.
- No 3rd Party Servers: Unlike other companies, they manage 100 percent of their servers and hardware, to ensure that you will get the highest levels of security.
- NAT Firewall: It is an additional layer of protection for your VPN connection. The Firewall blocks unrequested inbound traffic when you are connected to the VPN.
- Chameleon Protocol: Chameleon is a great VPN protocol for bypassing restrictive networks in any country.
VyprVPN Pros and Cons
With VyprVPN, you could enjoy all the security features along with your own dedicated server and IP. Their VPN remote access is fast and comfortable so that you be up and running in a matter of minutes. VyprVPN is the best business VPN.
|Product||Perimeter 81||NordVPN Teams||ExpressVPN||Torguard Business VPN||VyprVPN Business VPN|
|Customer Support||Slow customer support in basic plans||Yes||No Phone Support||Yes||Yes|
|Device Compatibility||Supports all major platforms||Supports all major platforms||Supports all major platforms||Supports all major platforms||Supports all major platforms|
|User Experience||Easy installation and setup||Easy to use, but OpenVPN configuration isn’t user friendly||Easy installation and setup||Requires some technical knowledge and outdated User Interface||Easy installation and setup|
|Dedicated Account Manager||Only on a custom plan||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
FAQs about business VPN
Q: Why is VPN important for business?
A: A VPN keeps your business data secure by encrypting your information through a tunnel that connects your devices to your company servers so that no one can snoop around your confidential data. Choose the best cheap VPN for your business.
Q: Does my Business need a VPN?
A: No matter how big or small your business you need to use a remote VPN in business to protect your cybercriminals’ data.
Q: Which are the best business VPN service providers?
A: We have listed 5 of the best business VPNs that are currently available in the market.
Q: How can I set up a VPN for my business?
A: Most business VPN provides you with dedicated support that will help you with every step of setting it up.
Q: Can I use free VPNs for my business?
A: No, free VPN tracks your online activity and sells your data to make profits, so a free VPN is not at all recommended for business.
Best secure remote access VPN for you
No matter how big or small your business is, if you want to keep your data safe from intruders, you have to invest in cybersecurity. Using a remote VPN in business is one of the most effective and affordable ways to protect all your sensitive data. It’s better to take measures now rather than being heartbroken later. If you do have some queries, do ask me in the comment section below.